Listing Admission Requirements
The following are requirements for a company seeking a listing on the Alternative board of the Malawi Stock Exchange:
- The company must be duly incorporated.
- The company must be a public company in accordance with the Companies Act, 2013.
- The company's securities must be fully paid up and freely transferable.
- The company must have a minimum subscribed capital of at least MK250 million to MK500 million.
- At least 20% of the issued capital for which a listing is being sought must be offered to the public.
- The company must have not less than 10,000,000 equity shares in issue.
- The number of public shareholders of listed securities shall at least be 100 for equity shares; 25 for preference shares and 10 for debentures.
- The company must submit a satisfactory analysis of future earnings indicating credible returns on capital.
- The company's securities must be fully underwritten.
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company must comply with the requirements of the Malawi Stock Exchange Listings requirements and the Companies Act.