It is the role of the Malawi Stock Exchange to maintain an orderly market in the securities and to ensure that all users of the market have simultaneous access to the same information. In order to achieve this objective, it is essential that companies listed on the Alternative Capital Market (ACM) publish price sensitive information on a timely basis and in accordance with the Listings Requirements. Information to be disclosed includes:
- ensure that the company has a designated sponsor at all times.
- submit annual financial reports to shareholders within six months after the end of the financial year.
- publish interim (half yearly) reports within three months after the end of the interim period.
- publish trading statements as soon as there is reasonable degree of certainty that the financial results for the period to be reported upon next will differ by at least 20% from prior year.
- publish cautionary statements as soon as possible if in possession of material price sensitive information.
- publish a declaration to pay any dividend in respect of listed securities within required timelines.
- hold Annual General Meetings and notices of such meetings and annual financial statements to be sent to shareholders at least 21 days prior to the meeting.