Observance of the Malawi Stock Exchange continuing obligations is essential to the maintenance of an orderly market in the securities and to ensure that all users of the market have simultaneous access to the same information. As part of a listed company's continuing obligations the listed company must:
- submit annual financial reports to shareholders within six months after the end of the financial year.
- publish interim (half yearly) reports within three months after the end of the interim period.
- publish trading statements as soon as there is reasonable degree of certainty (within 30 days to the reporting period) that the financial results for the period to be reported next will differ by at least 20% from the prior year.
- publish cautionary statements as soon as possible if in possession of material price sensitive information.
- publish a declaration to pay any dividend within required timelines.
- hold Annual General Meetings and notices of such meetings and annual Financial Statements to be sent to all shareholders at least 21 days prior to the meeting.